Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe is one of the easiest and delicious soups you can ever make in your Instant pot or pressure cooker. It takes only 4 minutes to cook the chicken, rice, and vegetables. It is one of the best comforting foods.
Making soups for my Family in the Instant pot has become my weekly routine. They love my soups! I have tried many Instant pot soup recipes and this Instant pot chicken and rice soup recipe have become my favorite since it takes lesser time to make and tasty.
How To Make The Soup Flavorful?
To make the soup flavorful I recommend adding dry seasoning to the sauteing vegetables and chicken. The dry herbs discharge fragrance and they stick well to the chicken and add a lot of flavors.
Can I Use Brown Rice
Sure, you can use brown rice with this recipe. You can also use white or jasmine rice. Brown rice requires a longer cooking time ( approx. 12 minutes ). If you are opting for brown rice then use 1lb of whole chicken breast or thighs, on HIGH-pressure cook it with vegetables and seasoning, then add rice and liquids.
Jasmine and white rice require only 4 minutes for cooking and the rest of the instructions remain the same.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken Breast Or Thigh
Yes, You can use it, but you need to increase the cooking time to 12 minutes. Frozen chicken breasts do not saute well hence you can skip that part. Grain rice will not go well with frozen chicken since there is a risk of overcooking, hence I suggest using brown rice as it requires longer cooking time.
More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes:
- Chicken Broccoli and Rice
- Hawaiian Chicken Tacos With Jalapeno Ranch Slaw
- Pad Thai – Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Keto Orange Chicken Dish
Keto Sweets – 80 Mouthwatering Keto Dessert Recipes, Shipped Right To Your Door, For FREE!
Click here to order your copy now!
Instant Pot Chicken Rice & Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning or dried thyme
- 1/2 cup white long-grain rice see note
- 2.5 cups low-sodium chicken broth or stock
- 2.3 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- First cut the chicken breast into bite-size pieces. Next, chop the onions, carrots, and celery.
- Remember to insert stainless tell in your instant pot. On the Saute setting let the Instant Pot to heat up for 2 minutes and then add the oil to heat.
- Add chopped onion, carrot, celery, and minced garlic. Sautee for 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken and saute for 2 minutes. When the chicken starts to turn white, add seasoning. Cook until chicken is almost cooked.
- Add and saute the chopped onion, carrot, celery, and minced garlic for 3 minutes. Add chicken and saute for 2 minutes. Wait for the chicken to turn white and add seasoning. Cook the chicken.
- Add rice and liquids and stir well. Close the lid and set the valve to the 'sealing' position. Cook the Instant pot on HIGH pressure and press the 'manual' or 'pressure cook' button. Set the time to 4 minutes.
- Once the timer is done, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes and then flip the valve to the 'venting' position to free the remaining pressure.
- Carefully open the lid and make sure to keep your face away while opening. Stir and serve with chopped parsley.