These keto fathead pizza pockets always remind me how low carb diet is not all about leaving behind your favorite foods.
Fathead pizza food is delicious and my family is a huge fan of them.
Just be assured that the Keto diet does not mean giving up your favorite food for boring foods. Everybody loves Pizza but stuffed pizza is one step ahead.
How To Make Keto Fathead Pizza Pockets?
This recipe is a bit of a twist on the regular fathead dough you’re probably used to.
This fathead pizza recipe is a little different from your regular fathead dough. It uses a secret ingredient, yeast, which makes a big difference. You can stuff these pockets with any of our favorite toppings and serve them with sauce.
I am sure your head is spinning with numerous possibilities and I can’t wait to know what you think. Let’s get started making them.
Keto Sweets – 80 Mouthwatering Keto Dessert Recipes, Shipped Right To Your Door, For FREE!
Click here to order your copy now!
Keto Fathead Pizza Pockets
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 5 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 3 eggs 2 for dough,1 for egg wash
- Salt additional seasoning to taste
- 1/4 cup mozzarella or cheddar
- 7 slices pepperoni
- 4 tbsp cooked Italian sausage
- 2 tbsp feta
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven at 400°F
- In a large glass bowl add almond flour, yeast, xanthan gum, and seasoning.
- Properly mix the ingredients and add 2 eggs
- In a medium-sized bowl add and microwave mozzarella and cream cheese in 30 seconds intervals until melted.
- Add flour and egg mixture scraping sides down after the cheese melted.
- If the mixture is too thick place it back in the microwave for another 45 seconds or until softened.
- Using the wet hands or dough hook knead the mixture for 6 to 10 mins or the mixture is fully mixed.
- Once mixed separate the doughs into 4 balls.
- Smoothen the dough balls into the desired shape while making a small indent in the middle.
- Now fill the space in the middle with your choice of ingredients and mold dough gently around the ingredients to close.
- Coat it with egg wash.
- Place the dough in a parchment paper and bake it for 20 to 35 minutes till it turns to a golden brown.
- Melt the butter and mix it with Italian seasoning and brush its mixture over each pizza pocket.
- Spring the parmesan on top and serve.
- It is very easier to handle the dough with the wet hands.
- To get the desired pocket shape, press the ingredients into the dough in an empanada style folding. Close the edges by patting gently until you get the desired shape.
- Xanthan gum makes the crust sturdier than you expect.