Hawaiian sweet rolls are one of the best bread to eat during the keto diet. You will love its taste and softness. These Hawaiian rolls are sweet and a perfect replacement for a dinner roll.
I use shredded mozzarella cheese ( part-skim ). This type of low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese is easily available in the market.
Low Carb Flours
Low Carb Sweetener
I use a little bit of erythritol to add sweetness to the rolls. I prefer erythritol because it is a low carb sweetener.
Make sure you add a little bit of erythritol, if you add more then it will spread across the dough which will result in the flattening of bread. So avoid adding more erythritol.
These Hawaiian rolls are best to consume as sliders, burger buns, and sandwiches.
How To Get Shining On Rolls?
If you are wondering how to get a shiny surface on Hawaiian rolls, you can get it by coating the melted butter right before the serving or by egg washing the rolls during baking.
Keto Sweets – 80 Mouthwatering Keto Dessert Recipes, Shipped Right To Your Door, For FREE!
Click here to order your copy now!
Keto Hawaiian Rolls
- 2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 3 tablespoon erythritol granular
- 2 1/4 cups pre-shredded mozzarella cheese part skim low moisture
- 3 oz full-fat cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- sugar-free maple syrup to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line the bottom of the 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl add almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and erythritol. Whisk the ingredients together until combined well.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl add mozzarella and cream cheese. Cover the top of cream cheese with mozzarella this is to prevent the cream cheese from overheating. Melt the cheese in the microwave at 30 seconds interval. Stir well at every 30 seconds to melt the cheese and make it look like dough. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes. Make sure to give interval in between the cooking so that cheese does not get overcooked.
- In a double blade attached food processor add cheese, flour, and eggs. Pulse on high speed until the dough is even.
- Use a spatula to scoop out dough and place it on a large sheet of a plastic wrap. Cover the dough in plastic wrap and knead few times until you get a uniform dough ball. Divide the dough equally into 9 parts and rolls each one of them using your palm forming a smooth round ball. Apply little oil on your hand before rolling out the dough to avoid dough sticking to your palms.
- Place the dough balls into a baking pan
- Bake the rolls for 25 to 28 minutes in the middle rack of your oven. Bake until the rolls turn to a dark golden brown.
- In the meantime, while rolls are baking in the oven, whip together melted butter and syrup. Once the rolls are finished baking apply the melted butter on top of the rolls and serve them hot.
- You can get up to 9 large rolls from this recipe.
- If you are not a fan of bigger rolls just divide the dough into 12 equal parts to make smaller rolls.
- To get the glaze on the bread you can also do eggwash finish. For this mix the egg white from 1 large egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush on top of the bread before the baking.
- Remember to use pre-shredded low moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese as the regular mozzarella cheese has too much moisture.
- Make sure the baking powder is aluminum-free.
- Grab your Digital Cookbook here