Parmesan chicken rice in an Instant Pot is creamy, delicious food with plenty of white chicken meat. It is one of my favorite instant pot meals. It is a delicious weeknight meal that can be easily made under 30 minutes. This recipe serves up to 6 people.
Delicious Cheesy Parmesan Rice and Chicken Meal
A combination of heavy cream, canned chicken soup, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese make this dish a crazily creamy cheesy, and delicious meal. Garlic and onion powder seasoning adds the extra kick to the flavor. You can use skinless chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs.
It is best when served along with Green salad, steamed broccoli, or green beans.
My kids love this recipe. The credit should be given to the cream cheese. It gets added at the end making it a stunningly yummy chicken and rice. The presence of garlic flavor is not too strong.
It is best to shred the parmesan cheese by yourself from a block of parmesan instead of purchasing pre-shredded cheese.
I have Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7 which has a multi-functionality and can be used as a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, saute, steamer, yogurt maker, and warmer.
The instant pot has always been a part of my kitchen and it has served some incredible meals which my family loves.
Keto Sweets – 80 Mouthwatering Keto Dessert Recipes, Shipped Right To Your Door, For FREE!
Click here to order your copy now!
Instant Pot Creamy Cheesy Parmesan Chicken & Rice
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Colby jack cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into chunks and softened
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 10.5-ounce can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Shred the chicken
- On Saute mode add butter to the instant pot. Once melted, add chicken and onion and cook until the pink on the chicken fades away.
- Pour water, chicken soup, and heavy cream. Mix well.
- Slowly add rice and make sure it is evenly distributed. Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Do not mix.
- Place the lid back and set the valve on the sealing position. Pressure cook on HIGH for 5 minutes and once cooked do a manual release.
- Once the pin drops remove the lid and whip in cream cheese. Stir in Parmesan cheese, cheddar, and parsley. Place the lid back and cook for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Mix and serve.