These air fryer chicken thighs are perfectly seasoned and crispy in under 30 minutes. Everything tastes better when cooked in an air fryer!
It’s one of my favorite air fryer recipes. So, let’s get started.
- Bone in, skin-on chicken thighs (trimmed of excess fat and skin )
- Onion powder
- Kosher salt
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
Making Crispy Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer
We’re going to do four bone-in skin-on chicken thighs, and we’ve trimmed the excess skin from the sides just so they get nice and crispy. We’re going to put them in our, um, zip-top bag.
You can also use, you know, whatever you want—just something that seals that. You can shake the chicken with the seasonings, kind of like shaking. We’re also preheating our air fryer. I’m preheating it for about five minutes, so we’re going to put our chicken thighs in the bag.
Now we’re going to put our seasonings on them. We’ve got a half teaspoon of kosher salt, One teaspoon of smoked paprika, one teaspoon of garlic powder, a half teaspoon of onion powder, and a half teaspoon of oregano.
So now we’re going to shake this really well and make sure that all of our chicken gets an even coating of seasoning. Okay, we’ve got our air fryer, preheated. I’m going to take it out and spray it liberally with cooking spray.
So we’re going to take our chicken now.
And we are going to put them in the air fryer, skin side down.
My air fryer holds four chicken thighs perfectly. This is a six-quart air fryer.
Okay, so now these are going to cook with the skin side down for 12 minutes, we’re cooking these at 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Okay.
Our chicken thighs have been cooking for 12 hours. So now I’m going to flip them over to the other side. They’re looking good.
Okay. So now we’re going to cook them for an additional 10 minutes until the skin is crispy to your liking. Or perhaps you want to be certain that the internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit. So we’re going to do another 380 for 10 minutes. Okay. Our chicken thighs are ready, and oh my goodness, they look amazing.
We tested them just to be sure they were at 165 internal temperature, and they are. Look at how crisp and delicious these look,
I just love air fryers. Those look fantastic. Look, oh my gosh, those are so good. Let me take a bite, and I’m going to show you how juicy they are. Oh my gosh, they’re so juicy.
- 4 Bone in, skin on chicken thighs ( trimed of excess fat and skin )
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- For five minutes, preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray with cooking spray after preheating.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large zip-top bag or a lidded bowl. Season with kosher salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, oregano, and onion powder to taste. Shake well to coat.
- Place the chicken thighs, skin side down, in the air fryer for 12 minutes.
- Cook for another 10 minutes with the chicken thighs skin side up. If you want your chicken thighs to be super crispy. Cook in 4-minute increments to achieve the desired crispiness.
- When an internal meat thermometer reads 165F, the thighs are done. Serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 239kcalTotal Fat: 11gProtein: 32g