Crack chicken is a keto-friendly dish prepared in a slow cooker. It is also low-carb and gluten-free, making it a great dish for those who want to follow a healthy diet.
The best part about this recipe is that it is so versatile. You can add any vegetables or use different kinds of cheese to change up the flavor.
Chicken: Two pounds or one kilo of chicken breasts, that’s about three large breasts plus one chicken tender, but it’ll depend on the size of your chicken breast and how many it’ll take for you.
Cream Cheese: Then, you need two larger blocks of Philadelphia cream cheese or any brand that you want.
Ranch Seasoning: Two packets of dry ranch seasoning mix. Now it’s not something I can get here. So I’ve actually made my own and I’ll give the ingredients below in the recipe box as to what I used, but it’s just a mix of parsley deal, onion powder, garlic powder, a few other seasonings, and I’ve made enough to equal about two packets.
Bacon: And then lastly, you’re going to need eight ounces of bacon, which is about 226 grams cooked, crisply, and crumbled or if you like use bacon bits, which is not what I’m using, Real Bacon Bits, but half to a two-third cup of that will substitute if you like. Cooking it fresh is always better, but if you’ve got this on hand, it works great.
Making Low-Carb Crack Chicken In The Slow Cooker
Just put the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot and spread it out evenly and on top of that, we’ll just unwrap our blocks of cream cheese. I’m just going to lay them right on top.
Lastly, you’re just going to take your dry ranch seasoning and sprinkle that evenly over the top.
Now, we’re just going to put the lid on. You can cook it on low for six to eight hours or high for three to four hours, and then we’ll come back.
This is reached our downtime. We’re nearly eight hours. I’m just going to reach in there and start shredding everything, Look at all the cheese sort of falls apart.
Shredding chicken is easy. If you can see that down there, but that’s just falling apart, you just want to pull it apart into shreds and let everything mix.
Now the last thing is just to add your bacon. You’ve got freshly cooked bacon that you’ve crumbled. You can add that now I’m using bacon bits and I’m going to go anywhere from a half cup to say two-thirds and just stir that all through.
So your bacon gets all through there and you just got to leave it warm for a couple of minutes and it’s ready to serve.
So here it is, slow cooker crack chicken. The beauty of this is it’s quite tender and delicious. You can eat it just as it is. You could put it in low-carb tortillas or on low-carb bread.
For those members of the family or not doing, low-carb put it on a row, a bread roll, and I’m serving it today with this cauliflower stuffing.
- 2 lbs (907 g) boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (8 oz / 226 g) blocks cream cheese
- 2 (1 oz / 28 g) packets dry Ranch seasoning*
- 1/2 lb (8 oz / 226 g) bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled (or 1/2 to 2/3c real bacon bits)
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- In a slow cooker place chicken breasts, top with blocks of cream cheese, and sprinkle with Ranch seasoning.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
- Once the chicken shreds stir with a large fork or spoon, so the chicken shreds and all the ingredients combine.
- Add in crumbled bacon and stir to incorporate.
- Serve warm.
Ranch Seasoning & Dressing
- Combine the parsley, dill, and basil in a spice grinder or mortar, and pestle and grind to a powder.
- Combine the mixture with the rest of the ingredients. Makes about 4-5 Tbsp.
- To make Homemade Ranch Dressing mix 2 Tbsp of Ranch seasoning with 1/3 cup of homemade mayonnaise and 1/4 cup of almond milk, coconut milk, or grass-fed heavy cream.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 527kcalTotal Fat: 44.4gCarbohydrates: 3.1gProtein: 28.2g