Paleo Tuscan chicken is creamy, super tasty and a perfect dish for weeknights and it is also keto-friendly. Boneless chicken thighs are seared and cooked with a creamy sauce along with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Tuscan chicken is dairy-free, paleo and keto diet-friendly.
Paleo Tuscan chicken one-skillet pot dinner recipe and the simple thought of itself makes me relaxed when I know I can make a delicious dinner even in my chaotic life in just one skillet. I am pretty sure a lot of the ladies out there can relate to it.
Definitely, I need more such delicious one-skillet meals in my life as it gives me hope that I can prep a great dinner even if it is 9 pm without getting stressed out.
Apart from being a paleo and keto-friendly, it is also a low carb recipe with only carb source being the sun-dried tomatoes. If you want to reduce the carbs level further then please use lesser sun-dried tomatoes.
I have picked chicken thighs to make this dish instead of chicken breasts. Breasts are the best option if you are ‘breading’ your chicken. Another reason to go with chicken thighs as it cooks faster and the crispiness and taste is way better than the chicken breasts.
To thicken the sauce I have used the combination of chicken bone broth, coconut milk with some tapioca. To reduce the flavor of coconut milk add a little ground mustard and nutritional yeast.
For those who are sensitive to coconut flavor add a little bit of more tapioca to thicken. But I would urge you to try the recipe as it is written as the coconut flavor is really kept minimal!
Let’s make the One-skillet Tuscan chicken:
It’s time to make this delicacy. Pick your chicken and skillet and get ready to throw this recipe in your dinner menu.
Keto Sweets – 80 Mouthwatering Keto Dessert Recipes, Shipped Right To Your Door, For FREE!
Click here to order your copy now!
Keto Tuscan Chicken
- 1.5 lbs chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil plus additional if needed
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour or arrowroot
- 1 cup of chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk full fat blended before adding if needed
- 1/2 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast optional
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
- Start with seasoning the chicken thighs with pepper, garlic, sea salt, and onion powder. Add the chicken thighs and coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat it for 6-8 minutes on each side until it turns to brown. Remove chicken and put it on a plate.
- Add additional oil if necessary. On medium heat cook the onions over a low to medium heat until onions are soft, then add garlic, stir and cook for another 45 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, and whisk in the tapioca or arrowroot. Combine all and then stir in yeast, mustard, Italian seasoning, pepper, and sea salt. Cook and stir on medium-high heat until the texture starts to thicken.
- Add spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and allow it to simmer until spinach is wilted and tomatoes are softened. Time to add the chicken back to the skillet and simmer another 2 minutes.
- Serve it along with cauliflower rice, roasted potatoes, or with zucchini noodles.