I’ll show you how to make this easy, slow cooker Jambalaya Recipe. It’s really easy to make and healthy. I’ve got the ingredients assembled here.
- You need about two cups of chopped cooked sausage like a Chorizo, or Andouille you could use any which is a little bit spicy sausage.
- A cup of chopped celery
- One cup of chopped green capsicum, or a cup of green bell pepper. I’ve got a little bit of yellow mixed in there as well. It’s fine.
- A cup of chopped onion.
- A 28 ounce or about 800 gram can of diced tomatoes with the juice. You’re going to use it all.
- Two cloves of minced garlic, then you’re going to need about half a teaspoon of hot sauce. You can use Tabasco or Frank’s red, hot, or whatever kind you like.
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- A mixture of half a teaspoon of kosher salt,
- A quarter teaspoon of black pepper, freshly ground.
- Two cups of raw cauliflower
- Lastly some prawns. These are raw shrimp or prawns. Um, but they’re frozen. Since those don’t get added till later in the cooking process, I’m just going to leave those sit.
Optional: If you want, the recipe doesn’t call for it, you could probably brown these Chorizo bites or the sausage chunks in a frying pan. First, if you wanted to, it might give it a little bit more flavor. It might also help cook some of the fat off. I’m not too worried about that.
How To Make Delicious Jambalaya In Slow Cooker
Dump all the ingredients in the slow cooker, except the cauliflower and shrimp. Those will be added in the end.
Cook it on low for about four to six hours and about half an hour before you want to eat is when we’re going to put in the rest of the ingredients.
Okay. So this is going to go on low now. Of course, we’ll come back in four to six hours. So after 4.5 hours, I’m just going to open this up and give it a quick stir. The smell is amazing.
And now we’re going to add our shrimp or prawns and our cauliflower rice. Cover the slow cooker and cook it for another half hour.
After 30 to 35 minutes open the cover and check if the prawn has cooked well. If yes then it is ready to serve.
So there you have it. Slow cooker jambalaya and this is a low carb version using cauliflower rice. Instead of rice, give this a try. It’s tasty.
- 2 cups chopped cooked Chorizo or Andouille sausage (or any kind you prefer, I used 3 sausages)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb / 500g medium size peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cups raw cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (28 oz / 800g) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker except shrimp and cauliflower.
- Cook on low for four to six hours.
- Rice the cauliflower. Add shrimp and cauliflower to the cooker and cook another 20 to 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving:Total Fat: 8.5gCholesterol: 190mgCarbohydrates: 8.5gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2.5gProtein: 19.5g