These Air Fryer Keto Cheddar Biscuits are a delightful treat for anyone on a low-carb or keto diet. Made with almond flour, these biscuits are delicious and healthy. Adding cheddar cheese gives them a savory flavor that pairs well with any meal. They’re easy to make in the air fryer and are perfect for a quick snack or a side dish!
Almond Flour: 2 cups – Almond flour is a low-carb alternative to regular flour. It’s made from ground almonds and is great for baking keto-friendly recipes.
Baking Powder: 2 teaspoons – This leavening agent helps the biscuits rise.
Onion Powder: 1/2 teaspoon – Onion powder adds a savory, oniony flavor to the biscuits.
Garlic Powder: 1/2 to 1 teaspoon – Garlic powder is used for a more robust flavor. Adjust the amount according to your preference.
Black Pepper: To taste – Black pepper is added for some heat and flavor.
Green Onions: 1/4 cup, finely sliced – Green onions add a nice, fresh flavor and a bit of color to the biscuits.
Salt: 1/2 teaspoon – Salt is necessary to bring out the flavors of the other ingredients.
Eggs: 2, beaten – Eggs act as a binder to hold all the ingredients together.
Butter: 1/2 cup, melted – Butter adds richness and moisture to the biscuits.
Shredded Cheddar Cheese: 1/2 cup – Cheddar cheese gives the biscuits a cheesy, savory flavor.
Making The Keto Cheddar Biscuits In The Cosori Air Fryer
Prepare the Almond Flour: Start by taking two cups of almond flour. Make sure there are no clumps in it. You can use a whisk to remove any clumps that you see. Sifting is not necessary, and using a whisk should suffice.
Add the Seasonings: To the almond flour, add two teaspoons of baking powder, half a teaspoon of onion powder, and your preferred amount of garlic powder (between half to one teaspoon). Also, add a dash of black pepper and a quarter cup of finely sliced green onions. Don’t forget to add about half a teaspoon of salt. Mix all these ingredients.
Prepare the Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, beat two eggs and add half a cup of melted butter. Mix these.
Combine Dry and Wet Ingredients: Add the egg and butter mixture to the flour and seasonings mixture. Stir everything together until well combined.
Add Cheese: The last ingredient is half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Mix this with the rest of the ingredients.
Form the Biscuits: Now, shape the mixture into biscuits about the size of a golf ball.
Prepare for Air Frying: If you are using a perforated parchment paper liner, place your biscuits on it. If not, spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent the biscuits from sticking. Place the biscuits in the air fryer, ensuring they are not too close together.
Air Fry the Biscuits: Set your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and put the biscuits in for 15 minutes.
Cool and Serve: After the air frying, let the biscuits cool for about 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy the delicious, low-carb, keto-friendly cheddar biscuits!
Tips and Variations for Air Fryer Keto Cheddar Biscuits:
- Cheese Variations: Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese. Sharp cheddar can be replaced with mozzarella, Colby, or even pepper jack for a spicy kick.
- Herbs and Spices: You can add different herbs and spices to suit your taste. Add some dried basil, oregano, or cayenne pepper for a bit of heat.
- Extra Protein: You could add some cooked and crumbled bacon to the biscuit dough for an extra protein boost.
- Almond Flour Substitute: You can use coconut flour if you don’t have almond flour. However, remember that coconut flour absorbs more liquid than almond flour, so you may need to adjust the wet ingredients.
- Checking Doneness: To ensure your biscuits are cooked through, insert a toothpick into one. If it comes out clean, they’re done.
- Prevent Sticking: To prevent the biscuits from sticking to the air fryer basket, use cooking spray or a perforated parchment paper liner.
- Storage: These biscuits can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Reheating: To reheat, place them in the air fryer for a few minutes until they’re warmed through.
Can I use regular flour instead of almond flour?
Regular flour can be used, but it will increase the carb content of the biscuits, making them non-keto.
Can I bake these biscuits in the oven?
Yes, you can bake these biscuits in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 23 minutes until they’re golden brown.
Can I freeze these biscuits?
Yes, these biscuits freeze well. Store them in an airtight container or a freezer-safe bag. They can be frozen for up to 3 months.
How do I reheat these biscuits?
To reheat, place them in the air fryer for a few minutes until they’re warmed through. If they were frozen, let them thaw at room temperature before reheating.
Can I use other types of cheese?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese like mozzarella, Colby, or even pepper jack for a spicy kick.
Can I add additional ingredients to the biscuit dough?
Yes, you can add cooked and crumbled bacon, different herbs and spices, or even some diced jalapenos for extra heat.
What can I serve these biscuits with?
These biscuits make a great side dish for any meal. They can also be used as a base for a breakfast sandwich or served with soup or salad.
Are these biscuits gluten-free?
Yes, these biscuits are gluten-free as they are made with almond flour. However, always check the labels of your ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
Air Fryer Keto Cheddar Biscuits
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- Almond Flour: 2 cups
- Baking Powder: 2 tsp
- Onion Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Powder: 1 tsp
- Black Pepper: To taste
- Green Onions: 1/4 cup, finely sliced
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Eggs: 2, beaten
- Butter: 1/2 cup, melted
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: 1/2 cup
- Start with 2 cups of almond flour and remove any clumps.
- Add 2 tsp of baking powder, 1/2 tsp of onion powder, 1 tsp of garlic powder, a dash of black pepper, and 1/4 cup of finely sliced green onions. Include 1/2 tsp of salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2 beaten eggs with 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Combine the egg and butter mixture with the flour and seasonings mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the mixture.
- Form the mixture into golf ball-sized biscuits and place them in the air fryer.
- Cook the biscuits in the air fryer set at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Let the biscuits cool for 15 minutes before eating.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: per biscuit
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200 kcalTotal Fat: 18gCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 6g