Another skillet recipe this time it is chicken and broccoli casserole baked in a cast-iron skillet. It is a tasty keto dinner recipe that can be inside 25 minutes. With only 6g total carbs making it a best low carb dinner recipe.
Whenever there is a winter my craving for casseroles just skyrockets. And this creamy cheesy chicken broccoli casserole just takes it to another notch. It is such a kind of keto food which is hearty, flavorful and good fat.
Who will not love the idea of making casseroles in a skillet? It is such a time saver during busy weekdays when you can cut short your cooking time.
Creamy and cheesy keto chicken broccoli casserole is easy to make the one-pan dish.
Let’s Make Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
I have used garlic, cream and parmesan to make the sauce along with some salt and pepper. The cream thickens well when you allow it to simmer for a few minutes. Sometimes it becomes too thick that I add some water to loosen it a bit.
To achieve the best flavor level it is recommended to use fresh broccoli and don’t be afraid you can still use a frozen one. Just make sure to warm the broccoli on a pan only for a small time so that it doesn’t get break down.
For the chicken, you can either use rotisserie chicken or boneless chicken. I went ahead with boneless skinless chicken thighs. Just place them in a broth and simmer them for 13-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked enough and then chop them.
Take the skillet and top it with shredded mozzarella, cook it for a few minutes and it is done. Easy Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole is ready to serve. It is a wonderful dish on a busy winter evening.
Keto Sweets – 80 Mouthwatering Keto Dessert Recipes, Shipped Right To Your Door, For FREE!
Click here to order your copy now!
Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup rice uncooked
- 10 oz cream of chicken soup 1 can
- 3 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil and add cubed chicken and chopped onion. Cook on medium heat until the chicken turns brown. Spray a little bit of salt and pepper for taste. Whisk in garlic and cook for further 30 seconds or until garlic gets aromatic.
- Add rice, cream of chicken soup and 2 cups of chicken broth. If needed, add more broth until the rice is completely cooked. Bring to boil and reduce the heat. Cover and cook on medium heat for further 15 minutes with occasional stirring. Add seasonings as per the requirement.
- Add broccoli florets, half cheese, and continue cooking for 2 minutes or until broccoli softens a bit. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and place the skillet in the broiler for further 2 minutes for the cheese to melts and turn brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste.
- On a medium heat saucepan melt the butter and add the flour and mix until it turns to a paste.
- Stir in milk and chicken broth until the paste is dissolved well.
- Season with onion powder salt and pepper and whisk in until the soup turns smooth and creamy.