This Crockpot Chicken Legs are one seriously delicious, really easy dinner idea that requires just about zero effort on your behalf to getting over-complicated recipes and fussy sauces. This is one such recipe that will bring you, your family, and your friends closer together.
These crockpot chicken legs are a simple, straightforward recipe that every single family member at the dinner table will love, that includes both the kids and the grownups. All you need are chicken legs my simple Southern spice blend and a little bit of oil. Let’s get started.
- Now, the first thing we’re gonna do before we add the oil and the seasoning to these chicken legs is just pat them dry. We’re just going to remove that excess moisture from the chicken’s exterior, and that’s going to help the oil stay put and the seasoning to stick.
- Step number two, we’re just going to drizzle these legs with some oil. You can really use any oil you like. I’m using my favorite avocado oil. And now to this, we’re going to sprinkle over the seasoning.
- The next step is to make a Savory delicious Southern spice blend. Now, I like to add all of my spices to a little bowl, mix them all up, and sprinkle it over. That way the spices get really good and are evenly distributed all over the chicken.
So going in, we’re going to add some kosher salt about two and a half teaspoons. Then to that, we’re going to add some black pepper, just a little over a teaspoon, Mayer, garlic powder, and some paprika, and last but not least about a half teaspoon of onion powder.
All of these measurements are written out below on the recipe card. So don’t worry about memorizing a thing. Now, what I’m going to do is just come in here with my hands, mix up this spice blend, and I’m going to just drop it all over these chicken legs.
We’re going to use that oil on the chicken and even a little bit on the pan to help to get that spice mixed at her really well. And now we’re going to go in for round number two, give it one more rubdown. Use any of those spices at the bottom of the pan. And just add them right onto the chicken.
I always seasoned chicken in a rimmed baking dish and that way it catches anything that falls and everybody goes to good use. Okay, I’m going to wash up, and then we’ll add them to the pot.
So we are setting the pot to a low three and a half to four hours. Just add your chicken legs straight to the slow cooker. There’s really no rhyme or reason to the way you add them.
Just plop them in, cover it. And let it do all the work for you. The chicken is all done. Perfectly cooked. Totally delicious. Can see just how juicy it is as it is landing on the platter here. So here we have it guys. Perfect. Crockpot chicken legs. I’m just going to sprinkle these with a little bit of parsley to add a little pop of color and an extra special touch.
- Pat each drumstick dry with a paper towel and transfer to a 4-6 quart crockpot.
- Combine all of the dry seasonings in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Drizzle the chicken with oil and rub to adhere to each leg. Then, sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the chicken and rub it all over to adhere.
- Cover and turn on the low setting. Cook for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 443Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 169mgSodium: 1316mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 30g