A Crockpot whole chicken is a glorious thing. Tear the meat off and use in sandwiches, salads, or simply eat cold with a lovely side salad. Get the bird cooking before you leave for work and come home to a pot of goodness!
Easy To Make Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
This slow cooker lemon rosemary chicken is a great idea for those busy weeknights. This whole chicken is easy to make in your crockpot and it can feed your whole family.
Get the juicy and tender chicken by slow cooking all the time. It is full of flavor thanks to some amazing herbs, vegetables, and seasonings.
I transfer my chicken to a baking pan and broil it for about 5 minutes to get that beautiful golden brown skin that everybody loves.
- Whole free range-chicken
- Golden ghee melted
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh rosemary leaves
- Garlic cloves
Slow Cooker Whole Chicken - Lemon Rosemary Style
- 1 whole free-range chicken
- 1 tbsp Golden Ghee melted
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon quartered
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 10 garlic cloves peeled
- Place the chicken in your slow cooker
- Rub the ghee all over the chicken and season it with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze 1 quarter lemon juice over the top of the chicken and another quarter inside the chicken, store the rind. Keep the remaining two lemon quarters on top of chicken legs.
- Sprinkle the rosemary leaves over the chicken and place garlic cloves inside the chicken cavity.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve hot.