Instant pot chicken adobo is a popular Filipino dish and I’ve been making it for a lot of years. I always made it on the stovetop. Like all of my kids, my husband, everybody loves it. It’s a quick and easy dinner and it’s even quicker and easier in the Instapot.
Ingredients Needed To Make Instant Pot Chicken Adobo
Here is a list of ingredients needed to make this recipe. First, we need some chicken thighs or chicken legs, or a combination of both I’m using about a little over three and a half pounds. ½ cup of soy sauce, ½ cup of white vinegar, ½ cup of water, two medium brown onions. About 10 to 12 garlic cloves minced up three Bay leaves, some salt, and some pepper.
Let’s Make The Delicious Instant Pot Chicken Adobo
I’m going to prepare my onions and you can do it two different ways. I’m going to go ahead and dice them up, a thin slice would also be nice.
Now I’m going to move on to trimming my chicken. I cook it with the skin on because I want the flavor to be in the sauce, but I do go ahead and cut out the extra skin and extra fat on the chicken, trying to make it a little healthier than the way it comes in the package.
Now I’m going to hit saute mode to warm up my Instant pot. Once it turns on when it’s hot, that means it’s ready. So it takes a few minutes to get hot. Once it’s hot, I’m going to pour in my oil. And this is just going to help the chicken, not to stick once I know my oils warmed up, I’m going to put in my season chicken and I’m just seasoning it with a little bit of salt and pepper before I put it in.
Now I place it skin side down first and I’m going to put about five. But these pieces and at once, it just depends on the size of your chicken. How many pieces you start with. So I’m going to be browning it in two batches. I’m sprinkling some salt and pepper on the other side of the chicken now.
So once it’s ready to flip, I’ve already got all the seasoning on it, as you can see, I clicked it over the skin is browning a little bit, but I think I wanted a little more Brown. So I’m going to go ahead and turn it skin-side down just for another minute or so. Once my chicken is brown to my liking I will go ahead and remove it from the pan.
And then I’m going to pour in the water, half a cup of water and scrape off the bits, and just leave that in there. Now, re-add all my brown chicken, then add in my onions, my garlic, half a cup of soy sauce, half a cup of vinegar, three Bay leaves. My course, ground black pepper. We’ll give it a good stir time to get cooking.
So we close the lid on the instant pot. Make sure the vent is up to ceiling pressure cook on high for just 10 minutes. Yes. Keep in mind. It’s going to take a few minutes to get up to pressure. Once the 10 minutes have finished, uh, you let it sit for a natural release for about 15 to 16 minutes.
After the natural release time If your pin has not dropped, go ahead and do a quick release with your valve. Now it’s time to open the Instapot and see how our chicken came out. We’re going to give it a good stir. And by this time the chicken skin has absorbed a lot of the soy sauce. So it’s a little bit browner. And I’m doing a taste test and remove the bay leaves. There you have it, delicious instant pot chicken abodo.
If you like this recipe please share it with your family and loved ones.
Thank you for reading my article.
Discover 50 fast and delicious Keto Instant Pot (pressure cooker) recipes inside our brand new Keto Cookbook. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!
Instapot Chicken Adobo – Low Carb & Keto FriendlyCourse: Instant Pot, KetoCuisine: Filipino
This Instant Pot Chicken Adobo is Filipino dish and I’ve been making it for a lot of years. I always made it on the stovetop. Like all of my kids, my husband, everybody loves it. It’s a quick and easy dinner and it’s even quicker and easier in the Instapot.
- Dice the onions in a thin slice
- Trim the chicken by removing the extra fat.
- Warm your instant pot on saute mode.
- Once your IP is hot, pour oil, and in the meantime season the skin side chicken with salt and pepper before putting it in the instant pot.
- To brown the chicken, place the chicken in the IP with the skin side down first. Sprinkle it with some salt and pepper on the other side of the chicken.
- Cook the chicken for few minutes and flip the chicken to see if it has browned to your liking or not. If not cook the chicken for few more minutes with the skin side down.
- Remove the browned chicken. Pour the half cup of water and scrape of the bits and leave that in there and re-add all the browned chicken, onion, garlic, half a cup of soy sauce, half a cup of vinegar, 3 bay leaves, and coarse ground black pepper. Give it a good stir.
- Close the lid and make sure vent is at the sealing. Hit pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes is over allow it to sit on natural release for about 15 minutes
- After natural release open the instant pot and give it a nice stir. Remove the bay leaves & serve.
- Nutrition Info: 352 calories; protein 30.2g; carbohydrates 9g; fat 21.1g; cholesterol 106mg; sodium 1000.9mg.
- Get This BRAND NEW Keto Instant Pot Cookbook 100% FREE!. Click Here to Download.