Experience the incredible tangy-sweet flavor in this low carb instant pot keto orange chicken. It was made in the instant pot in just 30 minutes. Its Chicken is juicy and tender and its taste will mesmerize you and your family.
Is Orange Chicken Keto-Friendly?
Basically, orange chicken is not a keto-friendly dish. It is made up of high sodium soy sauce which contains sugar and cornstarch which is basically used to thicken the sauce. So to make it keto-friendly we are going to replace it with keto-approved ingredients.
Soy sauce: Instead of soy sauce we can use liquid Aminos or tamari sauce which is gluten-free and keto-friendly.
Sugar: Sukrin gold or Lakanto sugar makes a perfect replacement for the sugar.
Thickening the sauce: To thicken the sauce use Xantham gum or guar gum in place of cornstarch.
Is Keto Orange Chicken an Asian Dish?
The orange chicken dish is mostly found in North American Chinese restaurants. It is popular for its sweet tangy orange sauce coated on the fried chicken. So this is a Chinese style American dish. It is rarely found in Chinese restaurants in China.
Why is Keto Instant Pot Orange Chicken a Great Dish?
- It is one of the best and easy one-pot meals you can ever make. You need only 30 minutes to make this delicious dish.
- Meal prep this recipe a week ahead by making them in batches and enjoy it with salad or cauliflower rice.
- It is a freezer-friendly dish. Store this in an airtight container and freeze it for a month.
- It contains only 6g net carbs per saving making it low carb, gluten-free, whole 30 & keto-friendly.
More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes:
- Chicken & Rice Soup
- Chicken Broccoli and Rice
- Hawaiian Chicken Tacos With Jalapeno Ranch Slaw
- Pad Thai – Gluten Free & Dairy Free
Keto Sweets – 80 Mouthwatering Keto Dessert Recipes, Shipped Right To Your Door, For FREE!
Click here to order your copy now!
Instant Pot Keto Orange Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos or liquid aminos
- 4 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt to taste
- In a small glass bowl add orange juice, coconut Aminos, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and salt. Mix the ingredients.
- Set the Instant-pot to saute mode and allow it to heat for a couple of minutes.
- Once heated, add olive oil, garlic & ginger and saute for a minute. Now add chicken pieces and cook for 3 minutes. Keep Stirring for proper cooking. Turn off the instant pot.
- Pour the sauce and rub all the excess bits of mixture stuck to the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon.
- Seal the pot with a lid and cook it on high pressure for 5 minutes. Once done cooking do a quick pressure release.
- Now open the lid and press saute mode. Make a slurry by adding xanthan gum and water. Allow it to boil and stir for 5 minutes or until the texture thickens.
- Cooking is done. Garnish it with sesame seeds or sliced green onion and serve with roasted vegetables or cauliflower rice.