This is a gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan Pad Thai recipe made in the Instant Pot.
Pad Thai is one of the most popular and well-known dishes in Thailand. The dish consists of stir-fried rice noodles, eggs, tofu, tamarind liquid, fish sauce, and chili peppers. This dish is usually served with lime wedges and roasted peanuts on top as garnish.
The specialty of this dish is the peanut sauce and I love it so much. This dish is full of lovely Asian flavors. I use Tamari which is a gluten-free soy sauce to make this gluten-free. Alternatively, you can also use coconut aminos which is also an equally delicious soy-free alternative to tamari soy sauce.
The presence of fish sauce adds that extra flavor and the presence of acid from the rice wine vinegar and lime juice make sure that fish sauce flavor doesn’t overpower other flavors. The addition of brown sugar and peanut butter gives the much-needed slight sweetness and also adds richness to the sauce.
Fresh lime wedges, chopped cilantro, green onion, and crushed salted peanuts toppings add extras to the great taste. The texture of peanuts compliments well to the creamy sauce and noodles.
If the heat from the sauce is not enough for you, feel free to add sriracha which up the hotness.
How Does The Chicken Cook In A Short Amount Amount Of Time?
Yes, it takes only 7 minutes to cook. The 7-minute timer allows the chicken to cook while it builds up the pressure and also the cube size of the chicken helps it to cook faster compared to the larger size of the meat.
What Type Of Noodles We Can Use?
I tried different variations of noodles from rice noodles to brown rice noodles and decided to go with plain white rice noodles since it is thin and not dense. My favorite brand is Annie Chun’s white rice noodles.
Why I Didn’t Add Any Salt?
Since most of the ingredients already got a natural salty taste in them, like the tamari, fish sauce, and broth and its natural salt taste suits me well and I felt that there is no need to add any more salt.
- 3 Chicken Breasts cubed
- 3 Tbls Peanut Butter natural creamy
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tbls Fresh Ginger minced or 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 Carrots cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup Chicken Broth low sodium can also use water
- 8 oz Rice Noodles I use Annie Chun's
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Tamari can also use soy sauce low sodium or coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup Peanuts chopped
- 2 Limes one for juice one cut into wedges
- 2 Tbls Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbls Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbls Rice Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- In the Instant Pot add green onions, carrots, and cubed chicken.
- In a small mixing bowl add fish sauce, tamari, sesame oil, brown sugar, rice vinegar, peanut butter, pepper flakes, lime juice, ginger, and garlic. Mix all the ingredients, once combined pour it over the instant pot. Add the broth and whisk well.
- Put the lid and set the Instant Pot on manual or pressure button to 7 minutes. Once the timer goes off do a quick release and remove the lid.
- Whisk in the rice noodles and put the lid back and leave it to cook for 10 minutes. Stir well and check if the noodles are cooked well. Once noodles softened, remove the lid.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges and top with cilantro, green onions, and chopped peanuts
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 467kcalTotal Fat: 14gCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 4gSugar: 16gProtein: 32g