Welcome to our delicious Keto Flatbread recipe! If you’re on a keto diet and missing bread, this recipe is perfect for you. It’s simple, tasty, and, best of all, it doesn’t have that eggy taste common in many keto bread recipes.
With a blend of almond flour, mozzarella cheese, and your favorite seasonings, this flatbread is sure to satisfy your bread cravings. Plus, it’s easy to make with step-by-step instructions!
Eggs: You will need two eggs for this recipe. Eggs are a great source of protein and are used in this recipe to bind the ingredients together.
Baking Powder: Two teaspoons of baking powder are needed. Baking powder is a leavening agent that helps the bread rise.
Salt: About half a teaspoon of salt is required. Salt enhances the flavor of the other ingredients.
Garlic Powder: Add a teaspoon of garlic powder for flavor. Garlic powder gives the bread a savory taste.
Parsley Flakes: Start with a heaping teaspoon of parsley flakes. Parsley adds a subtle flavor and a pop of color to the bread.
Mozzarella Cheese: You will need two cups of grated Mozzarella cheese. Use low-moisture cheese, as fresh cheese can make the bread too liquidy. The cheese adds a creamy texture and a delicious taste to the bread.
Almond Flour: One and a half cups of almond flour are needed. Almond flour is a low-carb, gluten-free alternative to wheat flour. It gives the bread a slightly nutty flavor and a dense texture.
Making The Keto Flatbread
Preparation of Ingredients:
Start by whisking two eggs in a medium-sized bowl. This will ensure the eggs are well beaten and ready for the next ingredients.
Adding Baking Powder & Salt:
Add two teaspoons of baking powder and about half a teaspoon of salt to the whisked eggs. Mix these ingredients well. The baking powder will help the bread to rise, while the salt will enhance the overall flavor.
Now, add your flair to the recipe. This involves adding a teaspoon of garlic powder and a heaping teaspoon of parsley flakes. Mix these seasonings into the egg mixture. Feel free to adjust the amount of seasonings to suit your taste.
Adding Mozzarella Cheese:
Next, add two cups of grated Mozzarella cheese to the mixture. The cheese should be low in moisture to avoid making the dough too liquid. Mix it well with a fork until the cheese is fully incorporated into the egg mixture.
Adding Almond Flour:
The final ingredient to be added is one and a half cups of almond flour. Mix it well into the mixture until you achieve a well-blended dough.
Preparing the Dough:
Take some of the dough and roll it into a ball. Place it in a tortilla press lined with saran wrap or between two pieces of parchment paper and flatten it using a rolling pin.
Baking the Flatbread:
Transfer the flattened dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12 to 13 minutes. When it’s done, the bread should have a nice golden brown color around the edges.
Cooling the Flatbread:
Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on a cooling rack. This step is important as it allows the bread to firm up and makes it easier to handle.
Enjoying the Flatbread:
Now, the flatbread is ready to be enjoyed. You can serve it as it is or use it as a base for other dishes. The choice is yours!
Tips and Variations for Keto Flatbread Recipe
- Cheese Variations: Although this recipe calls for mozzarella, feel free to experiment with other types of cheese. Cheddar or Monterey Jack could provide a different flavor profile.
- Spice It Up: If you enjoy a bit of heat, add some chili flakes or a dash of cayenne pepper to the mix.
- Herb Variations: Replace parsley with other herbs like oregano, basil, or thyme for a different taste.
- Add Seeds: For added texture and nutrition, sprinkle some sesame seeds or flax seeds onto the dough before baking.
- Use a Tortilla Press: If you have a tortilla press, use it! It will save you time and ensure your flatbreads are evenly thin.
- Watch the Oven: Keep a close eye on the flatbread in the oven. Since it’s thin, it can go from perfect to burnt in a matter of seconds.
- Cooling is Key: Allow the flatbread to cool down before serving. This helps it to firm up and makes it easier to handle.
- Storage: Store leftover flatbread in an airtight container. It can be refrigerated for up to a week or frozen for longer storage. To reheat, pop it in the oven or toaster until warm and crispy.
Keto Flatbread Recipe
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon Parsley Flakes
- 2 cups grated Mozzarella Cheese (low moisture)
- 1 ½ cups Almond Flour
- Start by whisking two eggs in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add two teaspoons of baking powder and about half a teaspoon of salt to the eggs and mix.
- Add a teaspoon of garlic powder and a heaping teaspoon of parsley flakes to the mixture and mix.
- Add two cups of grated Mozzarella cheese and mix until the cheese is well incorporated into the egg mixture.
- Add one and a half cups of almond flour and mix until well combined.
- Roll some of the dough into a ball and flatten it using a tortilla press or a rolling pin.
- Place the flattened dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12 to 13 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: per serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150 kcalTotal Fat: 11gCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 8g