Do you want to try some delicious Italian food? Because here we will be making a unique Italian appetizer that happens to be a perfect low carb appetizer that would surely be a hit among your family and friends: The fried mozzarella bites. They are perfect for snacks but can also be a perfect side dish.
I made this once and it became my go-to snacks for every home party and also a delicious addition as a side dish in my main course. Since I follow keto diet I made sure that I use keto-approved ingredients to make these appetizers so that I can enjoy them without worrying about gaining weight.
Mozzarella is a top ingredient used in making this dish. As we all know that Mozzarella is everyone’s favorite cheese. It helps to create a shape of our desire like we can create it into sticks, balls, or square for this recipe.
1 ounce of Mozzarella cheese contains 14% of calcium which your body needs daily and it has also amazingly large amounts of proteins to keep you going all day.
Keto Sweets – 80 Mouthwatering Keto Dessert Recipes, Shipped Right To Your Door, For FREE!
Click here to order your copy now!
- 6 oz Mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- olive oil for frying
- marinara sauce for serving
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into an inch thick cubes.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs along with the heavy cream. Stir it well till it becomes a mixture.
- Take a separate bowl and add the Italian seasoning, coconut flour, and garlic powder and season it with salt and pepper.
- Spread the egg batter on the mozzarella cubes and then roll it over on the flour.
- Add 2 inches of olive oil in a pan to deep fry the mozzarella cubes. Fry the cubes for a minute or until it turns to golden color. Repeat the process for all the cubes.
- Transfer the fried cubes to the plate and serve it with your preferred sauce.