With just 4 ingredients This slow cooker bacon garlic chicken breast recipe makes one of the delicious chicken dinners. It is Juicy, tender, and flavorful. The taste of the chicken breasts gets upgraded when it is wrapped to tasty bacon and it helps keep the chicken moist. In a crock-pot, the boneless chicken is cooked slowly for several hours. Due to the long hour of cooking the chicken breasts absorb most of the flavor from bacon and seasonings which makes it a delicious recipe.
This crock-pot chicken breast recipe is an easy dish and takes only 15 minutes to prepare. Inside the crockpot place the bacon-wrapped chicken and cook until it turns browns. It is best when served with rice and vegetables like broccoli also goes well with boiled corn.
In order to keep the chicken breast moist, we need to wrap them with bacon. When brown sugar and bacon combine it creates a unique flavor that you will love for sure.
CROCKPOT CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE MADE WITH ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS:
This slow cooker chicken breast (boneless) recipe calls for only 4 simple ingredients plus salt and pepper as optional:
This incredible slow cooker chicken breast requires only 4 ingredients to make.
Chicken Breasts: You can use either boneless chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs. Both can work, but I have chosen boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Bacon: Use high-quality bacon and make sure the bacon is cut thinly not thickly since it becomes difficult to wrap them around the chicken.
Brown Sugar: Brown sugar makes a perfect combination to go with bacon. These two, when combined, make a delicious flavor.
Garlic: Make sure to use fresh garlic or use garlic powder either will work.
WRAP THE CHICKEN BREASTS
Add brown sugar, minced garlic, pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Then spread the mixture on the chicken breasts.
Take the 2 to 3 strips of bacon and wrap it around the chicken breast. The count of bacon strips depends on the size of the chicken. Fold the bacon around the chicken breast and seal it with toothpicks, it is to make sure the bacon sticks perfectly with the chicken during cooking.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BREAST IN SLOW COOKER
Evenly place the bacon-wrapped chicken at the bottom of the crockpot in a single layer. A single layer can contain 4 breasts in a 6-quart slow cooker. Put the lid on after sprinkling the top with brown sugar. Cook the chicken on low for 3 hours. Here, you don’t need to add water as the chicken will release the juice during its cooking process.
Add vegetables like green beans, broccoli, and onions during the last hour of the cooking and remove the chicken once it is cooked from the slow cooker. To turn the bacon crispier broil it for another 2 to 3 minutes after cooking it in the slow cooker. Just make sure the chicken doesn’t burn.
HOW LONG IT TAKES TO COOK BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST IN CROCKPOT?
The thickness of the chicken breasts determines the cooking time along with the crockpot brand. Generally, on a LOW setting, it takes 3 hours to cook. If the reading on an instant-read thermometer read as 165°F then it means the chicken is fully cooked.
WHAT IS THE BEST OPTION: CHICKEN BREASTS VS. CHICKEN THIGHS?
You can use either chicken breasts or chicken thighs. If you decide to use chicken thighs make sure to increase the cooking to 4 to 5 hours on a low setting.
Keto Sweets – 80 Mouthwatering Keto Dessert Recipes, Shipped Right To Your Door, For FREE!
Click here to order your copy now!
Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts
- 8-12 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsps garlic minced (about 2 cloves)
- 1/2 tsps salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsps black pepper freshly ground or to taste
- fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl add brown sugar, minced garlic, pepper, and a little bit of salt for taste.
- On a separate plate place chicken breasts and rub half the quantity of spices mixture all over the chicken breasts.
- Wrap each slice of chicken breasts with 2 to 3 slices of bacon. Make sure the chicken breasts are wrapped completely.
- Place the wrapped chicken breasts in a seam side down single layer evenly position in the crockpot.
- Spray the remaining brown sugar on top.
- Cover and close the lid. Cook on LOW for 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and place it on a plate and cover it with aluminum foil to keep it warm.
- Allow it to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.