Simple one-pot slow-cooker creamy chicken marsala is a healthy keto dinner dish. It is a perfect low carb and paleo diet meal prep dish. Your family will love this easygoing delicious dinner. You can serve this on its own or with pasta, rice, baked potatoes, or even with grilled vegetables.
I have been making this chicken marsala recipe right from my college days. One of my classmates taught me this dish. From that time till today I have made this dish numerous times.
This time I want to add a new twist to the original recipe, I wanted to make this in a slow cooker as it helps to cook easier and faster. I recommend this recipe for those who follow keto and low carb diet as well as the paleo diet. Try this incredibly tasty recipe at least once and you will not regret it.
TIPS TO MAKE A PERFECT SLOW COOKER MARSALA:
This recipe is easy to cook in a crockpot but a couple of tips will help you to take this dish to the next level.
Browning the chicken.
You don’t need to brown the chicken if you follow the recipe, but if you have some time in your hand you should brown the chicken breasts. Apply 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute on medium-high for about 3 minutes per side or until the side of the chicken is golden brown and then put it inside the slow cooker.
This chicken browning process before adding it to the crockpot increases the buttery rich flavor without adding the calories.
Caramelizing the Mushrooms.
You can increase the flavor of the mushrooms by caramelizing it with butter. Do this carmelizing before adding it to the slow cooker and follow the rest of the instructions as mentioned below.
Mix the sauce well before cooking
While adding the cream make sure to remove the chicken so that you can mix it well to blend it with the marsala sauce. This is an optional step but I recommend it as it will make the sauce smoother and tastier.
More Keto-Friendly Slow Cooker Recipes:
Keto Sweets – 80 Mouthwatering Keto Dessert Recipes, Shipped Right To Your Door, For FREE!
Click here to order your copy now!
- 4 medium-sized chicken breasts, around 8 oz each
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry marsala wine
- Spread the base of the slow cooker with the oil.
- Place the chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker
- Next, add the mushrooms layer and add the seasonings on top and finally pour wine.
- Close the slow cooker and cook it on high for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.
- Remove both the chicken and mushroom and keep it aside
- Add the cream and whisk it vigorously till it thickens.
- Put the mushroom and chicken back to the slow cooker and cook it again on high for 20 to 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches a 165-degree temperature
80 Mouthwatering Keto Dessert Recipes, Shipped Right To Your Door, For FREE! ( Pay Only For Shipping ):
- Grab your Digital Cookbook here
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 312Saturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 33g